Monday, August 13, 2012

Sesame-Oyster Sauce Chicken (Pinterest inspired)

Here is another recipe I tweaked a bit and made my own.  Not trynna brag, but I think my version is so much better!  I found this recipe on Pinterest and it was called Thai Cilantro Chicken, but there's nothing Thai about it and you can hardly taste the cilantro, so I made up my own name. 
**This recipe is baked, but my mom suggested stir fry and I thought that was an excellent idea for a different type of meal (chop the chicken, and add veggies such as snap peas, water chestnuts, mushrooms, broccoli maybe, sliced carrots, etc, be creative)  Will update when I try it as a stir fry.  Great idea Mom!

Sesame-Oyster Sauce Chicken
Ingredients:
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
 Fresh Ginger Root - I used about a heaping tablespoon or more of chopped ginger to give it a more oriental taste
*You may also use 2 cloves chopped garlic, but this time I skipped it.
4 Tbsp shoyu (soy sauce)
3 Tbsp sesame oil
3 Tbsp oyster sauce (recipe called for fish sauce, but I had oyster sauce)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)

Instructions:
1.  Season chicken with salt, pepper, and a light sprinkle of sesame seeds (both sides) I always do this right in baking pan using tongs to flip.
2.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees
3. Combine sauce by food processor, but I've just mixed it before pouring over chicken. 
*The recipe says to let marinate for 15 minutes, but I just let it sit in the sauce until oven is pre-heated.  Takes about that long anyways.
4.  Using a spoon be sure to cover all parts of chicken. 
5. Bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes covered with tin foil. 
*Always check chicken in middle to see if cooked!

I serve with rice and green salad (with Sesame Soy dressing).








No comments:

Post a Comment