Sunday, August 12, 2012

Introduction : Let's Get Organized -Mission 1

I have been messy my whole life.  Messy NOT dirty.  I have had friends compliment me on my house being dust-free, but never neat and organized.   Well lately I've been having this desire and need to be more organized and neat.  (Perhaps it is my 11 month old's mess taking over my house that has converted me.) I've seen many blogs/posts and pins on pinterest about how to be more organized and decided to check them out.  I came up with my own system.  It was inspired by another blogger organizing one space per day.  I've also seen cleaning routines where certain things are cleaned everyday and others once a week and others once a month.  I also read that if done right, organizing a small space a day takes only 10-15 minutes.  I loved these three ideas and got started.

This is how I started a transformation of my very self...

Mission 1: Under the kitchen sink cabinet - grocery bags: paper and plastic
Before: Paper bags and Plastic bags literally tossed under the sink in an unorganized attempt to re-use them.  They are great for making paper flowers (see earlier post), giving away items, and re-using at grocery stores.   It was so bad that you would open the cabinet door and a few bags would tumble out.  That had to stop!
Solution:
1. Paper Grocery Bag Container:  I found a Kirkland wipes cardboard box, cut off all the top tabs, then cut out some paper bag labels and glued them to the box.  Then I neatly (semi-neatly) placed folded paper grocery bags in the box, small lunchbag size in the front, grocery size in the middle and large with handles in the back of box.  SO much easier to find bags now!
*This project took a little longer because I decided to decorate the container

2.  Plastic Bag Dispensers: I found two different plastic containers and stuffed all my plastic bags with handles in one and the smaller produce plastic bags into another.  The larger plastic bags I stuffed into a large Costco bread bag.

Here are my new organized containers in their home.  These containers were perfect for their space.








No comments:

Post a Comment