Wednesday, July 25, 2012

To Pretty Up the Home

I am blessed to have beautiful and bountiful rose bushes.  I love being artsy fartsy with them and trying out different vases and ways to display them.  Here's the latest. 
In the bottom picture: The farmer's market here sells hydrangea for $1 a bush.  How can I resist fresh flowers at such a reasonable price?  The vase is filled with wine corks that I was GIVEN at a yard sale.  A woman had planned on doing an art project with them but never got around to it, so this is what I came up with.  I put a small mason jar in the opening of the vase.  I had so much fun working with hydrangea that I bought myself a plant. 

These are candle holders from the centerpiece at my wedding.  They were just sitting on a counter catching dust.  I cleaned them off and thought they would be so pretty with floating flowers in them.  Will try with pink roses and plumeria flowers.
An idea for those corks you've been saving

Saw this on a design show, took forever, but such a cheap and chic decor idea for the home!
Here's the link to the step by step directions 
http://www.aplaceforusblog.com/2011/10/brown-paper-flowers-tutorial.html
These were great to add some style to a blank white wall above our dining room table.  It is very complimentary to our brown carpet, and dining room set. 
*If you clicked on the tutorial, you will notice that she used brand new store bought paper bags.  I used recycled paper bags I already had in my pantry.  So these are not only cheap (free besides glue and tape) but also made out of recycled materials!

I also made three more of the large flowers and put them on the corner of a large awkward mirror we have in our living room (we are still renting, so can't remove it).



No comments:

Post a Comment