Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Baby Shower (Neutral)

This was my first time throwing a neutral baby shower.  Pricebusters (sorta like a dollar store, but sooo awesome!) had great decorations, so most of these decorations were bought.  I went with a polkadot theme.  I found matching hanging lanterns and made centerpieces to coordinate with polkadots on table cloth.  I bought color coordinating plates, napkins and utensils, and to make it a little more engaging and fun, I bought some pink cups and some blue cups.  Guests had to choose pink if they thought mom was having a girl or blue if they thought it was a boy. 


Centerpiece: Foam ball, toothpicks, marshmellows, wooden dowel, flower pot, florist foam (inside the pot), ribbon, double stick tape, curling ribbon and clear cellophane (to keep the bugs off). *If I had more time to play around with this centerpiece, I would have tried something different with the bottom.  It was quite wobbly and could not be taken home in one piece. 


Favors were little bags of frosted animal cookies with alternating pink, blue and yellow curling ribbon.  The cutouts were baby carriages, onesies, teddybears and bottles.  These were to write encouraging words or advice to the new mother.  I had a poster board taped to the wall where guests could tape their cutouts to the board and mom could take it home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment