Sunday, January 13, 2013

Shell Ornaments - Used in Beach Themed Wedding (Favors)

I wanted to do a different theme for Christmas this year, so I decided to make shell ornaments.  I found a bag of assorted white shells, painted some Elmer's glue on them, glittered them, then hotglued an ornament ribbon on the back. They are so easy to make, but soo pretty.  The bride from the last wedding I worked on saw them on my tree and had to have them as her wedding favors, which was perfect since the wedding was the first weekend in January.
        I highly recommend  http://www.qualityshells.com if your local stores don't carry bags of shells, like here in Hawaii.  I ordered sand dollars and starfish, and every shell was in perfect condition, in a timely manner.   As far as I researched, they were the cheapest online! 


Here are the supplies you will need: shells (think about what size you'll want and how it'll look on the tree you are putting it on.  Mine was a tiny tree, so these shells were perfect.)  Glitter, glue (maybe a paint brush if you don't want to use your fingers)  Ornament ribbons (I bought these already tied)  and Hot glue gun.* I did it out in my carport on a piece of cardboard

I used iridescent glitter, which I would recommend.

Here are the ornaments all done! 
This was my tree this year.

Here they are again, used as favors in a beach themed wedding. 


No comments:

Post a Comment